Itineraries and Surroundings
Hotel Toscana Verde was born from the "wise" recovery of an old factory of tobacco.
Toscana Verde was founded in the heart of the Tuscan countryside, situated in a panoramic position on a sweet hill which dominates the fertile and green plain of Laterina, surrounded by a park of 35.000 square meters, full of old trees carefully preserved. Among these scenarios, you can enjoy a large variety of landscapes, which are open to view through thick forests of oak and Turkey oak, willows and poplars, in addition to the sunflowers, wheat and corn. In the central section of the reserve, crossed by the Arno, you can meet a wide variety of birds: herons, mallards, kingfishers.
The area is located in a panoramic position on the green and fertile plain of Laterina, near Ponte Buriano, which was the background of Leonardo's masterpiece "La Gioconda" and in a strategic position to reach the major cities of Tuscany and Umbria, like Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Arezzo, Cortona, Perugia and the beautiful valley of Casentino and Chianti.
Also for your shopping, the outlets of the biggest and most important companies are easily reachable and close to Florence.
During the stay, the reception will advise you on excursions suitable to your preferences:
City of Art:
• Arezzo and Cortona, Siena and San Gimignano, Val D'Orcia, Pienza and Montepulciano.
• If you love small medieval villages in the vicinity to visit, Il Borro, San Giustino, Loro Ciuffenna, Il Valdarno ( Le "Pievi" Romaniche), Il Casentino ( La Verna e Camaldoli), La Val Tiberina, Assisi, Il lago Trasimeno ecc...
• If you love art, Piero della Francesca:
• Leggenda della Vera Croce, Cappella Bacci, Basilica di San Francesco
• Santa Maria Maddalena, Duomo
• Polittico della Misericordia, Museo Civico
• Resurrezione, Museo Civico
• San Giuliano, Museo Civico
• San Ludovico, Museo Civico
• Madonna del Parto, Museo Madonna del Parto.
• If you love art, I DELLA ROBBIA,"TRE GENERAZIONI DI ARTISTI": Arezzo, Casentino, Valdarno, Valdichiana e Valtiberina.
City of art
Located in a protected natural oasis, Hotel Toscana Verde is conveniently located to reach easily the cities Florence, Cortona, Siena, San Gimignano and the beautiful valleys of Montalcino.
Florence, worldwide known for its many historical buildings and monuments, like Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo, Santa Maria Novella and rich museums, including the Uffizi Gallery and the Accademia Gallery, is not just a city of museums and shopping, but is also a city rich of local cafes and historical witnesses of social life, day and night of artists and writers.
Siena is known for its artistic heritage and for its typical medieval architecture still perfectly intact, crossed by wide avenues and narrow alleys which lead to the heart of the city, Piazza del Campo, surrounded by powerful walls.
"San Gimignano with its beautiful towers", so we call today the charming Tuscan town, situated between the lush Tuscan hills and popular tourist destination of art lovers coming from all over the world!
Arezzo is a beautiful town of ancient origin, and numerous works of art of exceptional value as the Chimera, the Medici Fortress and the Cathedral.
Toscana Verde is located in the heart of the Tuscan countryside, in a beautiful setting, where you can admire a great variety of landscapes, which are open to view through thick forests of oak, willows and poplars, as well as the sunflowers, wheat and corn.
A few kilometers from the hotel are in fact the beautiful Casentino valley, surrounded by mountain peaks as the Falterona, which gives rise to the Arno, and surrounded by a forest which like the monks of Camaldoli, and become today the National Park (parco nazionale). A land of castles, Romanesque churches, Dantesque places and places of the spirit.
Chianti, which is the territory that for centuries produces Chianti Classico wine, an Italian red wine known and appreciated all around the world, is a place of ancient traditions and artistic variety that are known in its numerous centres, like Castellina in Chianti, Gaiole, Greve and Radda in Chianti.
The Valdarno area is also rich in tradition, history, but also a significant industrial vitality. The most spectacular aspect of the Valdarno is characterized by the landscape of the Cliffs, with its pinnacles and rocks, and which finds its most significant and spectacular events in the territory of Castelfranco di Sopra.
The itineraries VASARIANI The places, the sites, the operas
Museum of Casa Vasari
• Cristo portato al sepolcro, olio su tavola
• Giuda, olio su tavola
• Decoration of the house, frescoes: Hall of Fame, House of Apollo and the Muses, of Ceres Hall, Chamber of Abraham, the Hall of Triumph of Virtue
Church of Santissima Annunziata
• Deposition of the Cross
Church of the holy Trinity
• Gonfalone della Santissima Trinità: Santissima Trinità tra i santi Donato, Francesco e Bernardo da Chiaravalle (recto), oil on the canvas
Public Museum of medieval and modern arts
• Madonna con il Bambino e Santi Anna, Giuseppe, Donato, Sebastiano e Stefano (Pala di San Rocco), olio su tavola
• Convito di Ester e Assuero, olio su tavola
• Stendardo di San Rocco: San Rocco (recto), San Rocco visita gli appestati (verso), olio su tela
• Vergine in gloria tra i santi, olio su tavola
• Ritratto di Caterina Albergotti Camaiani, olio su tavola
• San Giovanni Battista, olio su tavola
• San Paolo (copia da Vasari di Angelo Ricci), olio su tavola
• Gonfalone della Santissima Trinità: Abramo visitato da tre angeli (verso), olio su tela
• Il profeta Gad propone a David a scelta tra tre castighi divini, olio su tavola
• Jahvè invia la pestilenza sul popolo d’Israele, olio su tavola
• David acquista da Aravna il terreno per costruire un altare, olio su tavola
• Stendardo della Compagnia di San Giovanni: Predica del Battista (recto), Battesimo di Cristo (verso), olio su tela
• Madonna della Misericordia con i Santi Lorentino e Pergentino, olio su seta
Chiesa delle Sante Flora e Lucilla
• Altare della Pieve, olio su tavola
Badia delle Sante Flora e Lucilla
• Incoronazione della Vergine, olio su tavola
Hotel Toscana Verde is the ideal starting point for those who love fashion and shopping, as in the vicinity of the hotel are the outlets of the most prestigious names, such as the outlets Gucci, Cavalli, Prada, Dolce and Gabbana and Yves Saint Laurent, all easily accessible by car directly from the hotel.
The hotel staff will provide directions to the outlets directly by car or using public transport services that connect the outlets to the various city centres.